Thursday, January 9, 2014

What is Cradle Cap

As a new mother you experience so many new things so fast you have be ready for the unexpected.My new born was getting this flakey dry sudstence on her head after the thrid week of her being in this world. It would run from her head to her forehead,it was driving me nuts.Her second doctors appointment her doctor confirmed that she had cradle cap. Now what is CRADLE CAP  as a mother desperate to seek more information I did my research.Google and I have develpoed a one on one relationship as a mom I look up everything.

So here's what the internet said

from Babycenter.com 
f your baby's scalp has flaky, dry skin that looks like dandruff, or thick, oily, yellowish or brown scaling or crusting patches, it's probably cradle cap. Doctors call it infantile seborrheic dermatitis, and it's very common. 

Cradle cap isn't cute, but it's harmless. It shows up most often in the first few months of life and  usually clears up on its own in about six to 12 months – although some children have it for longer.

You might notice the same condition around your baby's ears or eyebrows, on his eyelids, or even in his armpits and other creases.

SO the good thing it was harmless but the bad thing that it wasn't cute ...

So I was set on a mission to clear my daughter from this Cradle cap the Doc advised me to use extra virgin oilve oil with  a thin brush to brush it out. So I bought a olive oil from trader joe's that would be organic and went to baby R us and purchased a treament for cradle cap. To my surprise there wasn't that much to chose from so I went with little remedies lotion for cradle cap you can find it  cradle cap lotion  

looks like this 


I used both the olive oil and the lotion every other day for to much use to errtate the skin.There has been a huge improvement  but as soon as you feel confident about it being gone BAM it there again . Only time can take Cradle cap away but don't give up this daily olive oil and cream cleaning.


Being a mom doesn't mean your going to know everything it's a learning process. So stay clam and take it one day at a time . 
Stay tune for my next experiance with my sweet baby Violet Ruby, talk to you soon take care 

xoxo
  

No comments:

Post a Comment